Get ready for one of the best bolt-on parts you can put on your Subaru WRX FA20DIT, the Grimmspeed Top Mount Intercooler. There are a few challenges when it comes to making more power on your WRX. The intercooler quickly becomes a restriction to good airflow due to it's small size. It has plastic end tanks which, for the most part aren't terrible but do have the tendency to crack or separate from the core with higher boost or more airflow. The air intake temperature becomes the biggest challenge when trying to increase the power and torque output. With turbocharging, the compressed air becomes extremely hot the second it moves through the turbo. If the turbo is pushing harder than Subaru intended, which is exactly what most people looking at this part are doing, the intercooler quickly loses it's ability to cool the air efficiently.
The Grimmspeed TMIC for the Subaru WRX fixes this without too much complication and adds a great effect under the hood, both with performance and visual appeal. Not only will people know you have a great intercooler core, your engine will too. Here are the specs.
- 13.1" x 10" x 3.75" core dimensions - large enough to transfer a great amount of heat and to keep pressure drop to a minimum.
- Cast aluminum end tanks - smooth flow, great fitment, and strong.
- 5-Ply silicone couplers - strong enough for all the boost and heat resistant.
- TMIC Splitter - this makes use of the factory hood air inlet which keeps a healthy does of fresh air flowing through the intercooler. Often times, the shroud is as important as the intercooler itself!
- Methanol Bung - for those wanting to run a methanol injection kit, now it's easier than ever. If you don't want to use it, just plug it and you're good.
- Vibration Isolator Mounts - the intercooler is mounted with vibration isolators to reduce vibration and maintain a solid mounting system.