ACT Clutch Kit Xtreme PP 4 Puck Disc Solid Subaru Legacy Sport 2.2L Turbo 1991-1994/Impreza GT/WRX EJ20 1993-2005
Subaru Legacy Sport 2.2L Turbo 1991-1994/Impreza GT/WRX EJ20 1993-2005
ACT Xtreme Pressure Plates offer a big increase of clamping load from 50-120% stiffer than stock leaving you with a large increase in clutch performance and a stiffer clutch pedal.
- ACT pressure plates are available in a variety of designs, including all factory push, pull, crimp, and rivet designs.
- ACT pressure plates feature a special, single-diaphragm design to dramatically increase clamp load without the adverse effects of double-diaphragm type clutches.
- Effective diaphragm designs are used to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure and exclusive four-stage, heat treating process for unparalleled performance.
- All castings are CNC-machined for greater consistency and precision.
- Cover stampings are sometimes reinforced by ACT to reduce flex and improve the efficiency and feel of the pressure plate.
- Stronger drive straps and rivets are used when needed to strengthen the pressure plate and prevent breakage.
- All ACT pressure plates are dynamically computer balanced for smooth operation at high RPM.
- A load test for every pressure plate is performed on a special computerized testing press for quality assurance. This same machine also assists in designing new products and evaluating parts that are in for service.
- Proper release travel, clamp load, pedal effort and working range are analyzed using specialized testing equipment and software.
- Most ACT pressure plates are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.
ACT Solid/Rigid Hub Race Discs, although giving you increased gear noise and increased spline wear, offer improved durability because of the stonger hub components. 6 puck designs offer better heat capacity and better engagement and 4 pad designs are built for the quickest shifting ability.
- Premium ceramic friction materials provide high heat tolerance, high coefficient of friction and low ear rates.
- All friction pads are measured, sorted and matched before assembly to ensure that each disc is uniform in thickness.
- Carefully broached splines to ensure exact fit onto the transmission input shaft for long spline life and better clutch release.
- ACT provides thicker retainer stampings for increased strength and reliability.
- Top grade rivets are used to securely fasten the part together. Rivet design and rivet materials are carefully selected for maximum strength.
- ACT spring retainers feature wraparound spring windows that provide support and reduce stress concentrations, which are common causes of failure.
- Heavy duty torsional dampening springs are stronger in most cases than standard springs and are provided in the best sizes and spring rates to suit the application.
- All drive plates consist of high-carbon spring steel that is heat-treated and black zinc-plated to resist bending, cracking, fatiguing and rusting, even under severe racing conditions.
- Precision stampings for disc components are manufactured using dedicated tooling. This allows ACT to offer the highest in quality and consistency.
- Most spring-centered assemblies use bushings and cone springs to create frictional dampening, which reduces noise and extends clutch life.
- All race discs are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal in all racing organizations that require SFI certification.
ACT - Advanced Clutch Technology
Address: 206 East Avenue K-4 Lancaster, CA 93535
Phone: 661. 940.7555
ACT warrants all products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for normal use and service for a period of ninety (90) days from retail purchase. Please see AdvancedClutch.com for more details.