ACT Clutch Kit Heavy Duty PP Street Performance Disc Sprung Nissan 350Z 2007-2009/370Z 2010+/Infiniti G37 2008+
Nissan 350Z 2007-2009/370Z 2010+/Infiniti G37 2008+
ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plates are the most popular pressure plate design ACT offers. The clamping load is increased by 20-50%. The stiffness in the clutch pedal feels stock to moderate depending on which vehicle it is designed for.
- ACT pressure plates are available in a variety of designs, including all factory push, pull, crimp, and rivet designs.
- ACT pressure plates feature a special, single-diaphragm design to dramatically increase clamp load without the adverse effects of double-diaphragm type clutches.
- Effective diaphragm designs are used to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure and exclusive four-stage, heat treating process for unparalleled performance.
- All castings are CNC-machined for greater consistency and precision.
- Cover stampings are sometimes reinforced by ACT to reduce flex and improve the efficiency and feel of the pressure plate.
- Stronger drive straps and rivets are used when needed to strengthen the pressure plate and prevent breakage.
- All ACT pressure plates are dynamically computer balanced for smooth operation at high RPM.
- A load test for every pressure plate is performed on a special computerized testing press for quality assurance. This same machine also assists in designing new products and evaluating parts that are in for service.
- Proper release travel, clamp load, pedal effort and working range are analyzed using specialized testing equipment and software.
- Most ACT pressure plates are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.
ACT Performance Street Discs are the most popular street disc application. Performance clutch discs offer premium friction material for high heat tolerance. The discs feature higher burst strength due to steel backed linings. Quicker shifting and engagement along with increased strength and reliability are a sure thing.
- ACT carefully selects the right amount of cushioning between the linings to allow for good engagement characteristics without sacrificing performance.
- ACT Performance Street discs feature premium friction material. With this material, the disc achieves better heat tolerance and faster recovery from overheating.
- Carefully broached splines to ensure exact fit onto the transmission input shaft for long spline life and better clutch release.
- Precision stampings for disc components are manufactured using dedicated tooling. This allows ACT to offer the highest in quality and consistency.
- Top grade rivets are used to securely fasten the part together. Rivet design and materials are carefully selected for maximum strength.
- ACT spring retainers feature wraparound spring windows that provide support and reduce stress concentrations, which are common causes for failure. These spring retainers are offered on most ACT Modified and Performance Street discs.
- Heavy duty torsional dampening springs are stronger in most cased than standard springs and are provided in the best sizes and spring rates to suit the application. Quiet operation is ensured from original equipment (OE) quality torsional dampeners.
- Spring windows on most ACT street discs are heat-treated to resist wear, increase strength and reduce the chance of springs “popping” out.
- Most ACT spring-centered assemblies use bushings and cone springs, similar to factory clutch discs. This created frictional dampening that improves clutch life and reduces noise.
- ACT rigid-hub discs are of minimal weight for faster shifts, resulting in less stress on synchronizers and provide race-proven performance with street manageability.
- Warning: Gear noise may occur due to the absence of torsional dampening springs, or with stiffer dampening springs.
- All Modified, Performance, and many standard replacement discs are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal in all racing organizations that require SFI certification.
ACT - Advanced Clutch Technology
Address: 206 East Avenue K-4 Lancaster, CA 93535
Phone: 661. 940.7555
ACT warrants all products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for normal use and service for a period of ninety (90) days from retail purchase. Please see AdvancedClutch.com for more details.