ACT Clutch Kit Heavy Duty PP 4 Puck Disc Sprung w/ Prolite Flywheel Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S 2013+
Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S 2013+
ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plates are the most popular pressure plate design ACT offers. The clamping load is increased by 20-50%. The stiffness in the clutch pedal feels stock to moderate depending on which vehicle it is designed for.
- ACT pressure plates are available in a variety of designs, including all factory push, pull, crimp, and rivet designs.
- ACT pressure plates feature a special, single-diaphragm design to dramatically increase clamp load without the adverse effects of double-diaphragm type clutches.
- Effective diaphragm designs are used to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure and exclusive four-stage, heat treating process for unparalleled performance.
- All castings are CNC-machined for greater consistency and precision.
- Cover stampings are sometimes reinforced by ACT to reduce flex and improve the efficiency and feel of the pressure plate.
- Stronger drive straps and rivets are used when needed to strengthen the pressure plate and prevent breakage.
- All ACT pressure plates are dynamically computer balanced for smooth operation at high RPM.
- A load test for every pressure plate is performed on a special computerized testing press for quality assurance. This same machine also assists in designing new products and evaluating parts that are in for service.
- Proper release travel, clamp load, pedal effort and working range are analyzed using specialized testing equipment and software.
- Most ACT pressure plates are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.
ACT Spring Centered Race Discs are the most popular type of upgraded race clutches. They reduce driveline shock and spline wear due to the torsional dampeners. Quieter operation is had by reducing the torsional vibrations. 6 puck designs offer better heat capacity and better engagement and 4 pad designs are built for the quickest shifting ability.
- Premium ceramic friction materials provide high heat tolerance, high coefficient of friction and low ear rates.
- All friction pads are measured, sorted and matched before assembly to ensure that each disc is uniform in thickness.
- Carefully broached splines to ensure exact fit onto the transmission input shaft for long spline life and better clutch release.
- ACT provides thicker retainer stampings for increased strength and reliability.
- Top grade rivets are used to securely fasten the part together. Rivet design and rivet materials are carefully selected for maximum strength.
- ACT spring retainers feature wraparound spring windows that provide support and reduce stress concentrations, which are common causes of failure.
- Heavy duty torsional dampening springs are stronger in most cases than standard springs and are provided in the best sizes and spring rates to suit the application.
- All drive plates consist of high-carbon spring steel that is heat-treated and black zinc-plated to resist bending, cracking, fatiguing and rusting, even under severe racing conditions.
- Precision stampings for disc components are manufactured using dedicated tooling. This allows ACT to offer the highest in quality and consistency.
- Most spring-centered assemblies use bushings and cone springs to create frictional dampening, which reduces noise and extends clutch life.
- All race discs are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal in all racing organizations that require SFI certification.
ACT - Advanced Clutch Technology
Address: 206 East Avenue K-4 Lancaster, CA 93535
Phone: 661. 940.7555
ACT warrants all products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for normal use and service for a period of ninety (90) days from retail purchase. Please see AdvancedClutch.com for more details.