During everyday engine operation, blow-by gases, as well as oil vapor from the engines rotating assembly, pass through the PCV valve and are routed into the intake for the engine to burn off. Before ever making it into the cylinders, some of that oil mist and other contaminates adhere to the backside of the hot intake valves. Over time a thick crust forms significantly reducing performance and potentially leading to a costly cleaning or repair. This is especially a problem for the 2.0L motor because there's no fuel passing over the valves to wash and keep them clean. This is why the JBR Oil Catch Can is a must have for the Ford Focus ST.
As the PCV gases enter the JBR Oil Catch Can a pressure drop occurs and the oil begins to fall out of suspension. As the gas exits, it flows through a series of 3 perforated plates. The capillary effect created by hundreds of holes in each perforated plate captures the oil and only gas reaches the outlet. The perforated filter plates will never break down or need to be replaced. They should never be cleaned like catch cans with dense micron screens and will never break down like mesh filter material.
The JBR Oil Catch Can is capable of capturing up to 350ml of oil and checking the level couldn't be easier with the dipstick. The included drain makes it simple to remove every last drop!
The OEM PCV valve is known for not being able to completely close and prevent boost from entering the crankcase. Add thousands miles worth of crud flowing back and forth through it and the worse it gets. The more boost you run, the greater the problem becomes. The optional check valve kit is designed to be closed 100% of the time unless vacuum is present. This check valve is oil, fuel and chemical resistant. It's constructed from brass, it has an incredibly low crack pressure and it's properly sized for optimal flow. The OEM PCV valve doesn't close instantly under boost and therefore crankcase pressure and turbo spool times are increased. For higher boosting cars or those seeking the best possible performance out of their engine, a check valve is recommended.
- 2013-2018 Ford Focus ST*
* Upper mounting location requires a sound symposer delete
- Designed in the USA
- Dipstick for checking the level of the contents
- Easily installed utilizing the supplied OEM factory fittings
- Option for VTA Applications
- Pre-cut, pre-assembled oil & fuel resistant hoses
- Entirely constructed out of 6061 billet aluminum
- Drain valve and drain hose included
- JBR Billet Oil Catch Can with 3/8" hose fittings
- Application specific mounting brackets
- Pre-assembled hoses and clamps
- Stainless mounting hardware
- Quick drain valve and drain hose
- Check valve (Optional)
- Installation instructions are available in our support section
- Our Hassle Free Lifetime Warranty is included